Most people recognize some of the filters in their car. But they really don’t realize what they do or why they’re important. Here’s a list of a few of the common filters and what they do.
- Air Filter- This filters air going into the engine. Plugged filters will decrease fuel mileage and not let your vehicle run as efficient as it should.
- Cabin Air Filter- This filters the air in the air conditioning and heating system. It helps eliminate the dirt floating in the car. For people with allergies they offer a “carbon” filter that helps eliminate smells and oder. A common complaint we get when the cabin air filter is plugged is the ac cools but doesn’t blow alot or the heater heats but not much air comes out of the vents.
- Oil Filter- Filters the oil in the engine.
- Transmission filter – Filters the oil in the transmission. Some transmission filters are not serviceable. In that event the only service on the transmission is exchanging the fluid.
- Fuel Filter- Filters the fuel before it gets to the injectors. Plugged fuel filters are the leading cause of fuel pump failure.
Customers often drive from Poynette Wisconsin (11 miles), Dane Wisconsin (6 miles), Waunakee Wisconsin (13 miles) Prairie du Sac Wisconsin (12 miles), Sauk City Wisconsin (13 miles) , and Merrimac Wisconsin (6 Miles) for the service you only get at Ness!